Sunday 19 February 2012

SurveyMonkey II

The Process:

I have created my 10 question survey. It was pretty straight forward. I clicked on the Create Survey tab, and it brings up a window so that I could give my survey a title, in this case Web 2.0 Usage. The options are quite substantial in terms of what types of questions can be created. I used three styles of questions: The matrix format, Multiple answers, and written response. Other types of question formats included but not limited to: Rating Scale, Demographics, or various forms of text books.

In this survey I created pages based on different headings: Intro, Facebook, Social Bookmarking Sites, Chat Programs, Blogs and Thank you. I could have created the entire survey on one page but I decided since I was covering several different topics within Web 2.0 usage I should divide them up over 6 pages.

Just for kicks, after creating the 10 questions, I clicked the + Add Question button one more time to see what would happen, as I am using the limited Basic plan. A new Pop up window opened and stated, "PRO FEATURE: A BASIC account is limited to 10 questions per survey. Upgrade to a professional plan to add unlimited questions per survey."

I had a feeling this would happen, but thought it was nice the website has that built in feature, so incase I did have more to say I could have upgraded.

Sending the Survey:

SurveyMonkey provided me with two ways to send out the survey. I can email it to friends or colleagues (depending on my target audience). The website is nice enough to provide a link I can copy and paste into emails and send out as desired.

The other option is to post on my website. The link is below. So if you are reading this and would like to check out and participate in my survey that would be awesome.

<a href="http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TXBSQJ2">Click here to take survey</a>

I have decided to post my link, and send it out via email. As this is a Web 2.0 Usage survey, I think it would be neat to survey some of my friends, some colleagues, and possibly even family members to get a wide spectrum of results. So off I go. I am going to send out some emails, and see what type of response I get.

References:

Add a Question. Retrieved from www.surveymonkey.com Pop up window.

No comments:

Post a Comment