Monday 6 February 2012

Too Much!

Okay, so firstly my husband has been making fun of my Web 2.0 knowledge and keeps giving me a hard time about how 'connected' I am to everything. But really I am feeling overloaded. I have been reflecting lately about my online use. Yes, I frequently check my email, but I have realized no one really emails any more, they use Facebook. Then I thought about how oftern I Facebook. I post a status maybe once a week, but usually it is only if something important has happened in my life. I rarely comment on other people's statuses unless it is meaningful to me.

Then there is Twitter, so I started an account last week. I have posted four Tweets, and am following about 20 different people or groups. I stopped following The National news, because they were taking over with all of their tweets. I am also considering un-following The Globe and Mail, because I have to sift through all of their tweets to get to imporant ones. Additionally, I am finding a lot of the Tweets I read confusing. Half the time I feel like I am trying to crack a code because the Tweets seem so cryptic. Perhaps I just need to spend more time on it, but I am finding it to be a waste of time. On the plus side I have found Tweets that refer to upcoming conferences that would be helpful to my professional development.

No comments:

Post a Comment